Some trainees may have some ideas about projects that they would like to complete for their Final Project. Before the Final Project starts, ideas should be gathered and fully specified before the start of the first week.
A good project should
- Show all of the skills the trainee has learnt at CodeYourFuture so far
- Be large enough that four people can work on it for 4-6 weeks and still have work to do
- Be something that the trainee is passionate about
- Be interesting to employers
- Solve a real world problem that you have faced in the past or at CodeYourFuture
Before class starts volunteer and trainee teams should have been assigned.
You can find a template for organising the teams here
All trainees should make sure that they are comfortable with their roles and what they will be required to do. More information about roles can be found here
Here is a starter project that trainees can fork to get started:
- Starter project for Mongo/Express/React/Node
- Starter project for Postgres/Express/React/Node (this is a branch of the above project)
Documentation can be found here for both of the above projects
If you need help for any of these projects, you can find help in this Slack channel:
This presentations gives an overview of the day to day running, the roles and the aims of the Final Project