Firstly, complete any exercises you did not complete during class. They are essential practice for the rest of the homework tasks.
If you get stuck, reach out to your classmates on Slack for help!
2) Watch these videos (1 hours)
There are some really amazing videos online that explain some of the harder topics that we learnt this week.
I'd like you to search online around these topics
- Asynchronous vs Synchronous
- Client-Server Architecture
Here are some to get started: Synchronous and Asynchronous Transmission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLjjgjp2bAA
The Client Server Model | Clients and Servers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5BlpPU_muY
How the Internet Works in 5 Minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_LPdttKXPc
Be sure to share what you find in your class channel!
For this step, you have three challenges to complete.
- Alarm Clock
- Quote Generator
Each of these challenges could take you some time to complete
You can find them all in this repository
Before you start, make sure you fork the repository to your Github account.
4) Give feedback on your colleague's coursework (1 hour)
Use what you learned in this lesson to give feedback to other trainees who have submitted their coursework.
Helping to give feedback on other peoples coursework doesn't only help them, it also helps you by reading a variety of different code.
View the open Pull Requests here
Find two pull requests from people in your class that have no, or few, comments on them
Leave comments on the two pull requests with improvements or suggestions
Leave a comment saying that you have reviewed it and a nice comment about something you liked (always remember to be nice!)
Make sure you mark at least two other pull requests. It's important that you see a variety of different answers!
Remember, you should use the Code Style Guide to help you
5) CodeWars (1 hour)
Every week you need to complete at least three kata. Spend at least 20 minutes, three times a week, on your kata workout.
This week, start or join a group session and try out pairing and TDD approaches. Choose from the Array and Object Methods collection: https://www.codewars.com/collections/cyf-array-and-object-methods
6) Learn About Git Branches (5 hours)
Continuing your background learning about Git, this week you're going to learn about something called branches. You'll find the lesson to follow here.
7) (Stretch) Add extra features to your Challenges (5 hours)
In the "Extra" folder of this repository you will find extra tasks for you to complete.
8) (Stretch) Codeacademy Course
The end of this module is a really good opportunity to cover everything we've done over the last six weeks.
Codecademy has a really good course that covers a lot of what we've done.
You should complete as many or as few of these modules as you'd like from this list
9) How to conduct yourself professionally (PD - 1 hr)
- Reflect in what behaviours you learned in the video were new to you
- Write what behaviours you need to stop to appear more professional
- Write what behaviours you need to start doing or doing more so you can appear more professional
- Write what behaviours you need to change or adapt for an online/ remote work environment like CodeYourFuture
10) Watch this short video about body language (PD - 20 min)
Watch this video about public speaking skills.