These instructions will guide you to create your own new repository on github, based on a template we have provided.
❗ Important: unlike previous CYF coursework projects, you should NOT fork the CYF project. ❗
- Go to https://github.com/CodeYourFuture/tv-show-dom-project
- Click on the green button:
Use this template.
- Name your new repo exactly this:
Include all branches
- Click the final green button
Create repository from template
- Create a branch called
- Return to the
Open with Github Desktop(or use github desktop to clone the project onto your laptop)
- Use vscode to edit your local copy of the project
- Right click on index.html and
open with live server
- Confirm in the browser that you can see the red text: "Got 73 episode(s)"
- Edit index.html to include your name and github username in the page title instead of
(My Name (My GitHub username))
- Add and commit and your change
- Push to github
- Confirm the changes show up on github in your
- Configure your site for automatic deployment to Netlify Instructions here
- Ensure the netlify site name is exactly
cyf-USERNAME-tv.netlify.app where USERNAME is YOUR github username.
- Visit your deployed site
- Set your new repo's website link on github to be your netlify URL, under manage topics
- Use the following checklist to ensure you have not missed any steps
- Have a TA confirm you have completed the checkpoint
- New repo created
- New repo is named EXACTLY
- Repo is NOT a fork
- Repo has the starter content (index.html, etc)
- Repo also has an empty
- Repo cloned locally
- First commits have been pushed to github (personalised title in index.html)
- First commits are on
- Published site is visible at https://cyf-[[github-username]]-tv.netlify.app/
For this project you can work on your
When it comes time to get a code review, you should follow code review instructions.