Before you start React you must make sure that you have some additional software installed.
You should already have these tools installed.
To check if Node is installed open
Command Prompt or
Git Bash and type.
Running this command should print out a version number. If this does not work, you should install Node.
Please follow this setup guide to get a new piece of software installed.
It is critical that this is installed correctly before you arrive at class.
If you have problems installing Create React App then you must post on your Slack channel to get help.
Watch this video
- You can stop watching at 11:06 (the rest is unnecessary)
Answer these questions about the video
- A. What does he say the "best description of React is"?
- B. What does he say "could be a component"?
- C. What does he say is the benefit of using JSX?
- D. What makes React fast?
Once you have answered the questions, submit your answers on Slack. This will help you teaches see what level you're at before you start the module.